posted by Kim Lee
UFC 1 is where it all began… in the OCTAGON! 8 deadly fighters go head to head in the octagon (steel cage) where two men enter but only one man leaves victorious. These fighters battle it out in a tournament style no holds barred, bare knuckle (no gloves allowed) combat. There are No Rules, No time limit, and No judges.
- Teila Tuli, 6’2” , 410 lbs., Honolulu, Hawaii – Sumo Wrestler
- Gerard Gordeau, 6’5”, 216 lbs., Amsterdam, Netherlands – Savate
- Kevin Rosier, 6 ‘4“, 265 lbs., Cheektowaga, New York – Kickboxing
- Zane Frasier, 6’6”, 230 lbs., Hollywood, California – Karate
- Royce Gracie, 6‘1”, 180 lbs., Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – Jiu-Jitsu
- Art Jimmerson, 6’1”, 196 lbs., St. Louis, Missouri – Boxing
- Ken Shamrock, 6’, 220 lbs., Lockeford, California -Shootfighting
- Patrick Smith, 6’2”, 217 lbs., Denver, Colorado – Tae Kwan Do
- Tae kwon do
This DVD is presented in full screen 1.33:1 aspect ratio. Considering this event took place in 1994, the picture quality comprised of some noise and grain as expected. The colors were accurate, with good natural skin tones. Although nothing to write home about, the video quality acceptable for the content.
The Audio is produced in Dolby Digital 2.0 surround which is fine considering that this is a Martial Arts DVD where the fighters are always up front and centre. Other than that, there are three commentators who provide their input during the fights which mean that this DVD is very dialogue driven.
The lack of special features was a little disappointing as the only item on the list are Hall of Fame Interviews with Ken Shamrock and Royce Gracie.
Definitely a must have for any mixed martial arts enthusiast as UFC Legends and Hall-of-Fames Ken Shamrock and Royce Gracie Battle it out to the end.
Special Features List